SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Strength

Honesty Hour, friends.
I'm human. And unfortunately that means that I rely on myself and my own strength (or lack there of) too often. I think I can handle everything on my own! More times than not, I'm not trying to cut God out of the picture. It's an innocent tendency to turn to myself to handle the everyday issues. But here's the deal. The Lord wants you to lean on him in all situations. And here's what I have learned: when you rely on God to get you through the day and through tough situations, it's so much easier. You feel stronger and like you can actually make it through.

2 Corinthians 12:9 says "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."
Did you catch that?? When you admit that you are human, that you are weak, the power of Christ can work through you! Why on Earth would I ever rely on my own strength? I can barely do pushups, let alone fight through the mental, physical, and spiritual battles that come at me everyday. Not one person on this planet expects you to be able to do everything. It's just not possible. So why do you think your heavenly father would expect that of you?

God gives joy that can't be taken from you.
He provides peace that surpasses all understanding.
He is the strength that will pick you up when you're down.
If you let Him, it's all yours. He wants to give it freely and abundantly. So take it! I don't know about y'all, but free is one of my favorite words. Sign me up for that peace! I stress too much and overthink. Why wouldn't I take it? Genuine joy is one of the greatest feelings and ways to live. And the Lord wants to give it to me?? Sure! Ask and it's yours, friends.

My challenge for you: GIVE IT TO JESUS. Let him be your strength this week. Acknowledge when you rely on yourself for things that you really shouldn't. Turn to the Lord to guide you through the everyday battles, because He wants to. He wants to take care of you.

"Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Post a Comment