SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 20, 2018

Confessions of an Introvert

Hi, my name is Peri, and I'm an introvert.
I don't like forced conversations.
I don't like forced friendships.
I don't always like going out.
It's not that I don't like people, I just don't like over socializing.
After a long day of being with friends or at work, I need to go home and recharge.
I love being alone with my book or writing.
The truth is, I feel more lonely in a large group of people than I do by myself.
I'm not boring or shy (well, maybe a little), I just prefer more intellectual & intentional conversations.
I can't handle people and crowds every single day.
But I promise, I'm very aware of what's going on around me. I'm still very present, even in my silence.

From all introverts alike, please don't mistake our tendencies to be private and quiet as arrogance. We're all lively and very kind people. We don't want to keep the world out, we're just particular about who we let in.  Too many people at once drain us. We're super curious about the world around us, but sometimes we're too nervous to ask questions and get involved. We know we aren't perfect, but we're still relevant!

Pay close attention to the introverts in your life! Don't assume that their introverted tendencies are simply a personality trait. It runs much deeper than that. Recognize when they're stressed, tired, and socially drained. Let us spend time away guilt-free. Spend one-on-one time with us.
Ultimately, be kind! We're hard on ourselves, and you probably don't know it.

Keep on being you, introvert friends.

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13

Post a Comment